Research Project Articles
ARB Research Division Contract 03-314
Final report: Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs): sources of ambient quinones.
Articles funded by the contract:
- Atkinson, R., Arey, J. "Mechanisms of the Gas-Phase Reactions of Aromatic Hydrocarbons and PAHs with OH and NO3 Radicals." Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds 27.1 (2007): 15-40.
- Gallagher, K.A., Arey, J. "Synthesis and Identification of Dimethylnitronaphthalenes and Ethylnitronaphthalenes to Aid in their Analysis in Ambient Air." Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds 27.3 (2007): 211-237.
- Wang L., Atkinson, R., Arey, J. "Formation of 9,10-Phenanthrenequinone by Atmospheric Gas-Phase Reactions of Phenanthrene." Atmospheric Environment 41.10 (2007): 2025-2035.
- Wang L., Atkinson, R., Arey, J. "Comparison of Alkylnitronaphthalenes formed in NO3 and OH Radical-Initiated Chamber Reactions with those Observed in Ambient Air." Environmental Science and Technology 44.8 (2010): 2981-2987.
- Wang, L., Arey, J., Atkinson, R. "Kinetics and Products of Photolysis and Reaction with OH Radicals of a Series of Aromatic Carbonyl Compounds." Environmental Science and Technology 40.17 (2006): 5465-5471.
- Wang, L., Arey, J., Atkinson, R. "Dicarbonyl Products of the OH Radical-Initiated Reactions of Naphthalene and the C1- and C2-Alkylnaphthalenes." Environmental Science and Technology 41.8 (2007): 2803-2810.
- Wang, L., Aschmann, S.M., Atkinson, R., Arey, J. "Effect of NO2 Concentration on Product Yields of the Gas-Phase NO3 Radical-Initiated Reaction of Ethyl- and Dimethyl-naphthalenes." Environmental Science and Technology 43.8 (2009): 2766-2772.
This page last updated August 21, 2013