Research Project Articles
This page last reviewed March 28, 2013
ARB Research Division Contract 05-308
Final report: Physicochemical and toxicological assessment of the semi-volatile and non-volatile fractions of PM from heavy-duty vehicles operating with and without emissions control technologies
Articles funded by the contract:
- Biswas, S., Hu, S., Verma, V., Herner, J. D., Robertson, W. H., Ayala, A., Sioutas, C. "Physical properties of particulate matter (PM) from late model heavy-duty diesel vehicles operating with advanced PM and NOx emission control technologies." Atmospheric Environment 42.22 (2008): 5622-5634.
- Biswas, S., Verma, V., Schauer, J. J., Sioutas, C. "Chemical speciation of PM emissions from heavy-duty diesel vehicles equipped with diesel particulate filter (DPF) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) retrofits." Atmospheric Environment 43.11 (2009): 1917-1925.
- Li, R., Ning, Z., Cui, J., Yu, F., Sioutas, C., Hsiai, T. "Diesel exhaust particles modulate vascular endothelial cell permeability: Implication of ZO-1 expression." Toxicology Letters 197.3 (2010): 163-168.
- Li, R., Ning, Z., Majumdar, R., Cui, J., Takabe, W., Jen, N., Sioutas, C., Hsiai, T. "Ultrafine particles from diesel vehicle emissions at different driving cycles induce differential vascular pro-inflammatory responses: Implication of chemical components and NF-?B signaling." Particle and Fibre Toxicology 7.1 (2010): 6.
- Ning, Z., Sioutas, C. "Atmospheric Processes Influencing Aerosols Generated by Combustion and the Inference of Their Impact on Public Exposure: A Review." Aerosol and Air Quality Research 10.1 (2010): 43-58.
- Pakbin, P., Ning, Z., Schauer, J. J., Sioutas, C. "Characterization of Particle Bound Organic Carbon from Diesel Vehicles Equipped with Advanced Emission Control Technologies." Environmental Science and Technology 43.13 (2009): 4679-4686.