SCIENTIFIC REVIEW PANEL ON TOXIC AIR CONTAMINANTS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
The Scientific Review Panel on Toxic Air Contaminants (SRP/Panel), established pursuant to California Health and Safety Code section 39670, will hold a public meeting at the following time and place:
DATE: December 6, 2000
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Millberry Conference Center
500 Parnassus Avenue
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, California 94143 (415) 476-2019
—— AGENDA ——
In this meeting the Panel will further discuss the chronic reference exposure levels for three substances proposed to be included in the Part III guideline document — glutaraldehyde, chlorine dioxide and butadiene. The Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) staff will also present further comments received on the chronic reference exposure level for methyl ethyl ketone.
2. Department of Pesticide Regulation/Air Resources Board response to the Panel’s recommendations on air monitoring of pesticides
Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) and Air Resources Board staff will discuss responses to the recommendations made by the Panel in its workshop conducted in September 1999.
3. Update on prioritization of pesticide toxic air contaminant candidates
DPR staff will present methods used in prioritizing pesticides and give the Panel an update on implementation of the Panel’s recommendations from the September 1999 pesticide workshop.
DPR and OEHHA staff will present issues to be addressed in risk assessments of organophosphate pesticides. This discussion with the Panel follows from the presentations and discussion during the October 2000 workshop on organophosphate pesticides.
5. Overview of Senate Bill 25 (Escutia, 1999)
A brief overview of Senate Bill 25 (Escutia, 1999) relating to children and environmental health protection will be presented and the role of the Panel in its implementation will be discussed.
CLOSED SESSION – LITIGATION
(1) Metam Sodium Task Force v. John R. Froines, et al. (Superior Court, Sacramento, Case No. 00AS04636). (2) Request for Determination concerning the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment and the Scientific Review Panel – Range of Unit Risk Factors (URF) for Particulate Emissions from Diesel-Fueled Engines (PEDE) established by OEHHA; specific URF for PEDE adopted by SRP (File No. 99-026). The Panel will hold a closed session as authorized by Government Code section 11126 subdivisions (e)(1) and (e)(2)(A) to confer with, or receive advice from legal counsel regarding this litigation.
the agenda items listed above may be considered in a different order at the panel meeting
THE SCIENTIFIC REVIEW PANEL
The Scientific Review Panel (Panel) is charged with evaluating the risk assessments of substances proposed for identification as toxic air contaminants by the Air Resources Board (ARB) and the Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR). In carrying out this responsibility, the Panel reviews the exposure and health assessment reports and underlying scientific data on which the reports are based, which are prepared by the ARB, DPR, and the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) pursuant to Health and Safety Code sections 39660-39661 and 44360, and Food and Agricultural Code sections 14022-14023. These reports are prepared for the purpose of determining whether a substance or pesticide should be identified as a toxic air contaminant, or as guidelines to be used in preparing health risk assessments. The Panel welcomes written comments or submissions from all parties regarding a report. To assure adequate review, the Panel does not accept written or oral comments from the public at its meetings; comments and submissions should be submitted to the ARB pursuant to the requirements specified in the notice of availability of a report for public review. These submissions are received and carefully reviewed and considered by the Panel members prior to the public meeting. Transcripts to previously held Panel meetings can be found through the ARB web site www.arb.ca.gov/srp/srp.htm. For further information please contact:
Jim Behrmann c/o Peter Mathews
Air Resources Board
2020 L Street
P. O. Box 2815
Sacramento, California 95812
Telephone: (916) 323-8711
Fax: (916) 327-1497
E-mail: email@example.com - or - firstname.lastname@example.org
This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. If accommodation is needed, please contact Peter Mathews at
(916) 323-8711 as soon as possible. For persons with a hearing or speech impairment, please use our Telephone Device for the Deaf at (916) 324-9531 or (800) 700-8326 for calls from outside the Sacramento area.