This one day course provides inspectors and permit engineers an introduction to the operation of landfill gas collection, controls and gas-to-energy systems. Special emphasis is placed on inspection techniques.
Topics covered include:
A landfill tour is provided to an active landfill site. Students will be able to discuss and observe landfill operations/activities and landfill gas extraction control components. Depending on the venue, this can be a flare for VOC/methane control, or internal combustion engines/turbines for VOC/methane control and energy generation.
* Scientific principles behind landfill gas generation
* Landfill gas collection technologies and principles
* Landfill gas controls and energy uses
* Description of landfill gas monitoring equipment and proper use
* Regulatory Overview and Update on Green House Gas Regulations, CCR Title 17, Section 95460
* Inspection and Safety Tips.
Note: Certificate is not available for webcast class.