CALAVERAS COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 304 - BURNING MANAGEMENT
- Material to be burned shall be arranges so that it will burn with a minimum of smoke.
- Except for large trees (diameter of six or more inches), only the amount that can reasonably be expected to
completely burn within the following twenty-four hours shall be ignited in any one day.
- All outdoor fires shall be ignited only with approved ignition devices.
- Material to be burned shall be ignited as rapidly as practicable within applicable fire control restrictions.
- Burning shall be curtailed when smoke is drifting into a nearby populated area or creating a public nuisance.
- No material shall be burned unless it is free of tires, rubbish, tar paper, and construction debris; isreasonably
free of dirt, soil, and moisture; and is loosely stacked in such a manner to promote drying and insure combustion
with a minimum of smoke.