LASSEN COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 4:18 - FUGITIVE DUST EMISSIONS
Reasonable precautions shall be taken to prevent particulate matter from becoming airborne, including, but not
limited to, the following provisions:
- Covering open bodied trucks when used for transportation materials likely to give rise to airborne dust.
- Installation and use of hoods, fans, and other fabric filters to enclose and vent the handling of dusty materials.
Containment methods may be employed during sandblasting and other similar operations.
- The application of asphalt, oil, water or suitable chemicals to dirt roads, material stockpiles, land clearing,
excavation, grading or other surfaces which can give rise to airborne dusts.
- The prompt removal of earth or other material from paved streets onto which earth or other material for earth
moving equipment, erosion by water, or other means has been deposited.
- The provisions of this rule shall not apply to agricultural operations.