NORTHERN SIERRA AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
RULE 307 - WILDLANDS VEGETATION MANAGEMENT BURNING
(Adopted: September 11, 1991)
Wildlands vegetation management burning, as defined in Rule 300 R, shall be allowed under the following Rules and
This rule applies to all burning which meets the definition as stated in Rule 300 R, regardless of whether such
burning also meets another definition within this regulation.
- Rule 312 - Burning Permits.
- Rule 313 - Burn Days.
- All open outdoor fires shall be ignited only with approved ignition devices as defined in Rule 300 F.
- Rule 316 - Burn Plan Preparation.
- The APCO shall regulate total acreage or tonnage that may be burned each day within the District.
- The APCO will regulate burning or require mitigation when the meteorological conditions could otherwise cause
smoke to create or contribute to an exceedance of a state or federal ambient air quality standard or cause a public
- Vegetation will be in a condition to facilitate combustion and minimize the amount of smoke emitted during