SAN DIEGO COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 361.10 - SOURCE REPORTING AND REQUEST FOR WAIVER OF COMPLIANCE
(Delegation Effect.: 11-8-76: Rev. Effect.: 1-13-87)
(a) The owner or operator of each existing source or each new source which had an initial startup before the effective date shall provide the following information in writing to the Control Officer within 90 days after the effective date:
(1) Name and address of the owner or operator.
(2) The location of the source.
(3) The type of hazardous pollutants emitted by the stationary source.
(4) A brief description of the nature , size, design, and method of operation of the stationary source including the operating design capacity of the source. Identify each point of emission for each hazardous pollutant.
(5) The average weight per month of the hazardous materials being processed by the source, over the last 12 months preceding the date of the report.
(6) A description of the existing control equipment for each emission point including:
(i) Each control device for each hazardous pollutant; and
(ii) Estimated control efficiency (percent) for each control device.
(7) A statement by the owner or operator of the source as to whether he can comply with the standards within 90 days after the effective date.
(b) The owner or operator of an existing source unable to comply with an applicable standard may request a waiver of compliance with that standard from the Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for a period not exceeding 2 years after the effective date. Any request of a copy of which shall be provided to the Control Officer, shall be in writing and shall include the following information:
(1) A description of the controls to be installed to comply with the standard.
(2) A compliance schedule, including the date each step toward compliance will be reached. The list shall include as a minimum the following dates:
(i) Date by which contracts for emission control systems or process changes for emission control will be awarded, or date by which orders will be issued for the purchase of component parts to accomplish emission control or process changes;
(ii) Date of initiation of on-site construction or installation of emission control equipment or process changes;
(iii) Date by which on-site construction or installation of emission control equipment or process change is to be completed; and
(iv) Date by which final compliance is to be achieved.
(3) A description of interim emission control steps which will be taken during the waiver period.
(c) Any change in the information provided under Section (a) of this rule or Rule 361.07(b) shall be provided to the Control Officer and the Administrator within 30 days after such change. However, any change will result from modification of the source, Rules 361.07(c) and 361.08 apply.
(d) A possible format for reporting under this rule is included as Appendix A to 40 CFR Part 61. Advice on reporting the status of compliance may be obtained from the Control Officer.