SISKIYOU COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 7.5-3 - PROHIBITIONS: WILDLAND VEGETATION MANAGEMENT BURNING
- This rule shall apply to all burning which meets the definition of wildland vegetation management burning,
regardless of whether such burning also meets another definition in Rule 7.1-A.
- All projects which exceed 50 acres or which require burning of more than 3,000 tons or which are within 5 miles
of any sensitive receptor area shall provide the following information to the District for review and approval
in advance of any burning (may be submitted in a Prescribed Burn Plan):
- Location and specific objectives of the burn project;
- Acreage or tonnage, type, and arrangement of vegetation to be burned;
- Directions and distances to nearby sensitive receptor areas;
- Fuel condition, combustion, and meteorological prescription elements developed for the project;
- Projected schedule and duration of project ignition, combustion, and burndown;
- Specifications for monitoring and verifying critical project parameters; and
- Specifications for disseminating project information.
- Should a fire control agency desire to allow accidentally or naturally ignited fires to continue to burn for
a specific objective, a burn plan shall be prepared in advance. The burn plan shall contain the criteria which
will be used in making the decision to allow the fire to continue to burn and shall address the following requirements:
- As soon as practicable after deciding to allow an accidentally or naturally ignited fire to burn, the responsible
fire control agency shall notify the District of its decision. The District shall either issue a permit or deny
a permit, based on the previously approved burn plan and on the smoke management criteria described in Rule 7.5-1.
- Accidentally or naturally ignited fires which are allowed to burn on no-burn days must meet the provisions
of Rule 7.3-D.
- Accidentally or naturally ignited fires shall be logged and reported in accordance with Rule 7.7.
- The burn plan for accidentally or naturally ignited burns shall meet all the requirements of Rule 7.5-3, B.
* * * * *