YOLO-SOLANO AIR QUALITY MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
RULE 4.3 - ASBESTOS DEMOLITION/RENOVATIONS
Adopted May 8, 1996
301 FEES REFUND
302 ASBESTOS FEES
101 PURPOSE: To establish fees to cover the estimated reasonable costs of review, inspection and monitoring related to the implementation of District Rule 9.9.
102 APPLICABILITY: This Rule applies to any owner or operator of a facility that engages in a demolition or renovation as defined in Rule 9.9.
110.1 This Rule shall not apply to:
- Renovations or demolitions of single family residential dwellings comprised of four or fewer residential dwelling units, except where the intended use is for residential property with five or more units, or commercial or industrial property; or
- Renovations where the combined amount of RACM is less than 260 lineal feet, or less than 160 square feet, or less than 35 cubic feet.
301 FEES REFUND:
301.1 If a person cancels a notification he/she may request a fee refund, provided:
- The person paid the fee for the notification;
- The District has not performed an inspection;
- The request is in writing; and
- The person requests the refund within ten (10) days following cancellation.
301.2 Within thirty (30) days of receiving the request, the Air Pollution Control Officer shall refund the portion of the funds that remain unused at the time of the cancellation.
302 ASBESTOS FEES: An owner or operator shall pay a fee for each demolition or renovation submitted
to the District. For each project subject to the requirements of Rule 9.9 ASBESTOS, the following fee schedule
ASBESTOS PLAN FEE SCHEDULE-RENOVATION
AND DEMOLITION PROJECTS
|Units of Asbestos to be Removed/Disturbed||
|0-259 *||0-159 *||0-34 *||
|5,000 or more||5,000 or more||1,095 or more||
* This category applies to demolition projects only.
** If materials are in more than one category, the higher fee shall apply.
302.2 No notification shall be accepted unless accompanied by the appropriate notification fees, with the exception that no fee shall be required for emergency renovation projects as defined in Rule 9.9, Section 216, as long as the removal involves less than 260 lineal feet of pipe or 160 square feet of material.
302.3 If in the course of a demolition or renovation pursuant to Rule 9.9, it is determined that the project belonged in a higher fee category than was initially determined, an owner or operator shall renotify the District and pay the balance of the fee for the higher category.
302.4 If an owner or operator fails to report a change in any date as required by Rule 9.9, and the Air Pollution Control Officer determines that such failure necessitated expenditure of additional time by the District, over and above the time expenditure upon which the notification fee is based, then the owner or operator shall pay an additional fee of $64 per hour of additional time, billable in quarter-hour segments, with a minimum charge of $25.