Annual Report to the Legislature
Assembly Bill 1532 (Pérez, Chapter 807, Statutes of 2012) requires the Department of Finance
to submit an annual report to the Legislature on the status and outcomes of projects funded from the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (GGRF).
Agencies submit program and project level data annually pursuant to ARB's
Funding Guidelines for Agencies that Administer California Climate Investments.
ARB compiles the program and project data from all agencies and works with the Department of Finance to prepare the
"Annual Report to the Legislature", which is due in March every year.
The Annual Report describes the status of California Climate Investments at the program and project level. The Report includes:
- GHG reductions expected from project investments,
- Statistics on benefits to disadvantaged communities,
- Demand for funding,
- Financial leveraging,
- Fiscal data, and
- Other key data.
2017 Annual Report
The 2017 Annual Report provides a summary of program outcomes and fiscal data as of November 30, 2016.
In addition to summary statistics, the Report includes project profiles that highlight projects on the ground
that are reducing GHGs, providing disadvantaged community benefits, and delivering other co-benefits throughout
ARB is also releasing the GGRF Project Map, an interactive map displaying California Climate Investments, and a downloadable and searchable detailed project list. Those tools are updated with 2017 Report data, and are available below. Information included on both the map and the project list can be filtered by county or legislative district to create summary statistics.
The 2017 Annual Report provides program accomplishments through November 30, 2016.
- 2017 Annual Report
- Finance Cover Letter
- California Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund Project Map - Updated with 2017 Annual Report Data
- California Climate Investments Website
- California Climate Investments Project List - Implemented project list
- California Climate Investments Geographic Breakdown - Statistics summarizing California Climate Investments by region, Metropolitan Planning Organization, county, and legislative district. (Coming soon)
- Legislative District Fact Sheets - Assembly
- Legislative District Fact Sheets - Senate
2016 Annual Report
The 2016 Annual Report provides program accomplishments through December 2015, and fiscal data as of November 1, 2015 unless otherwise stated.
- 2016 Finance Cover Letter
- 2016 Annual Report
- List of California Climate Investments - Implemented projects by county and legislative district
- California Climate Investments Geographic Breakdown - Statistics summarizing California Climate Investments by region, Metropolitan Planning Organization, county, and legislative district.
Joint Legislative Audit Committee Request
On June 2, 2016, the Joint Legislative Audit Committee (JLAC) requested ARB provide additional information (beyond what was included in the 2016 Annual Report) on Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund programs. On July 1, 2016, ARB provided an initial written response to the JLAC. After receiving legislative staff feedback and requests for additional information on the materials, ARB revised and re-submitted the responses on July 20, 2016.
- Letter from Joint Legislative Audit Committee to California Air Resources Board, dated June 2, 2016
- Letter from ARB in Response to the JLAC Request, dated July 1, 2016
- Enclosure: California Climate Investments - Program-Level Response to Joint Legislative Audit Committee
- Enclosure: California Climate Investments - Project List with Start Dates for Emission Reductions (Revised July 20, 2016)
- Enclosure: Quantification Methodologies for Estimating Greenhouse Gas Reductions and Supporting Materials (due to the size of this enclosure, please refer to the source materials, available here.)
2015 Annual Report
The 2015 Annual Report provides program accomplishments through January 2015, and fiscal data through December 31, 2014.