This page last reviewed May 19, 2017
California Climate Investments
- CalEPA announces new disadvantaged community designations
and interactive map of AB 1550 low-income communities April 21
- New California Climate Investments Website
- 2017 Annual Report to the Legislature (PDF) and
Project List (Excel Download) Updated March 13
- California Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund Project Map Updated March 13
- Caltrans Extends Call for ATP Supplemental Applications: Materials due May 12
- CARB Workgroup Meeting for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP): May 19
- CARB Grant Solicitation for Car Sharing and Mobility Options Pilot Project
for FY 2016-17: Applications due May 22
- CalRecycle Recycled Fiber, Plastic, and Glass Grant Program (FPG2) for FY 2016-17: Applications due May 25
- Caltrans LCTOP approve list of projects: June 1
- SGC SALC Now Accepting Applications:
Pre-proposal deadline: June 1
Application deadline: August 1
- SGC RFP Released for the 2017 AHSC Technical Assistance Program: Due June 2
- CARB Lower-Income Consumers Financing Assistance Pilot Project Grant Solicitation: Applicant Teleconference June 14
Background and Resources
ARB Guidance for Agencies
What are Cap-and-Trade Auction Proceeds?
AB 32, the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, directed ARB to address climate change using multi-year programs to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. ARB has adopted a Scoping Plan that describes the approach California will take to reduce GHG emissions and achieve the goal of reducing emissions to 1990 levels by 2020.
The Cap-and-Trade Program, a key element of the Scoping Plan, began in 2012. A portion of the GHG emissions permits (allowances) established by the Cap-and-Trade Program are sold at quarterly auctions and reserve sales. The Legislature and Governor appropriate proceeds from the sale of State-owned allowances for projects that support the goals of AB 32. Strategic investment of these proceeds furthers the goals of AB 32 by reducing GHG emissions, providing net GHG sequestration, and supporting the long-term, transformative efforts needed to improve public and environmental health and develop a clean energy economy.