Auction Proceeds Budget Appropriations
The Legislature and Governor appropriate auction proceeds from the Greenhouse Gas Reduction
Fund to State agencies and programs through the Budget
process, consistent with the implementing
Summary of AppropriationsARB has created a summary table of programs and state agencies that have been appropriated GGRF monies for investments in projects that reduce GHG emissions.
Fiscal Year 2016-17As part of the Fiscal Year (FY) 2016-17 budget process, the Legislature and Governor appropriated $900 million to greenhouse gas reducing programs that benefit disadvantaged communities, support clean transportation and protect natural ecosystems. State agencies with continuous appropriations will be allocated additional funds from auction proceeds generated in FY 2016-17 based on their assigned percentages as identified in SB 862 from 2014. The FY 2016-17 line item appropriations in AB 1613, the Budget Act of 2016, include the following:
- $ 650 million for transportation and sustainable communities programs
- $ 90 million for clean energy and energy efficiency programs
- $ 160 million for natural resources and waste diversion programs
Fiscal Year 2015-16
As part of the budget process, the Legislature and Governor appropriated $1.4 billion for Fiscal Year 2015-16.
For State agencies with continuous appropriations, the Fiscal Year 2015-16 values are based on their assigned percentages applied to a
total proceeds amount of $2.237 billion. For agencies without continuous appropriations, the Fiscal Year 2015-16 values are based on
two 2015 statutes: SB 101 and AB 93.
- $500 million for high-speed rail
- $400 million for sustainable communities
- $395 million for clean transportation
- $139 million for energy efficiency and clean energy programs
- $8 million for natural resources and waste diversion programs
Fiscal Year 2014-15
State Budget for FY 2014-15 appropriates $862 million in auction
proceeds to 12 state agencies to begin funding programs
that will reduce GHG emissions, provide direct investments and
benefits in disadvantaged communities, and provide additional
environmental and economic co-benefits. The Legislature and
the Governor also enacted Senate Bill 862, which provides
for continuous appropriations of future year's GGRF monies for
transportation, transit, land-use, housing, and agricultural land preservation programs.
- $630 million for sustainable communities and clean transportation programs, including high-speed rail
- $140 million for energy efficiency and clean energy programs
- $92 million for natural resources and waste diversion programs
Fiscal Year 2013-14For the 2013-14 Budget Act, the Legislature and Governor authorized a one-time loan of auction proceeds to the General Fund. In March 2014, the Legislature and the Governor amended the 2013-14 Budget to provide funding to the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) and the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) for projects that reduce water and energy use. The 2013-14 Budget was also amended to provide additional funding to ARB for zero-emission vehicles.
- $500 million General Fund loan - 2013-14 Budget Act
- $40 million for water and energy efficiency and conservation - Drought Relief Bill (SB 103)
- $30 million in zero-emission vehicle rebates administered by ARB - Budget Trailer Bill (SB 862)