This page last reviewed September 4, 2014
References for Updates to Compliance Offset Protocols
published a Notice of Proposed Action regarding regulatory amendments
to the existing Compliance Offset Protocols
for Livestock Projects, Ozone Depleting Substances Projects, and U.S.
Forest Projects along with corresponding staff reports for public
review and comment on July 29, 2014. The protocol updates
that, while not required to be published pursuant to the Administrative
are available from the Board Administration & Regulatory
Coordination Unit (BARCU) upon request. These references are also
available below for easier access and transparency. The proposed
regulatory amendments will be presented to the Board for consideration
September Board hearing.
Proposed Compliance Offset Protocol for Ozone Depleting Substances Projects
- ASTM D7132-14© ARB purchased the rights to these materials. Any unauthorized reproduction is prohibited and not condoned by ARB.
Proposed Compliance Offset Protocol for U.S. Forest Projects
- Updated Assessment Area Data File
- Mill Efficiency Data File
- Updated Biomass Equations for Projects in CA, OR, and WA
- Updated Volume Equations for Projects in CA, OR, and WA
- Biomass Estimation in Component Ratio Method (Appendix J) for Projects in Other 45 States
- New Regional Volume Models for Projects in Other 45 States
- Updated Biomass Coefficients for Component Ratio Method for Projects in Other 45 States for Estimation of Tree Gross Volume
- Updated Biomass Coefficients for Component Ratio Method for Projects in Other 45 States for Estimation of Tree Sound Volume
- References to be used to adjust for decay in standing dead trees:
- Projects in CA, OR & WA: Harmon, Mark E.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Fasth, Becky; Sexton, Jay; Yatkov, Misha. 2011. Differences between standing and downed dead tree wood density reduction factors: A comparison across decay classes and tree species. Res. Pap. NRS-15. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 40 p.
- Projects in other 45 States: Domke et al.: Accounting for density reduction and structural loss in standing dead trees: Implications for forest biomass and carbon stock estimates in the United States. Carbon Balance and Management 2011 6:14. Additional File for use with Domke et al.
- U.S. Overview
- North Central U.S.
- Northeast U.S.
- Northwest U.S.
- Southeast U.S.
- Southwest U.S.
- GIS Supersection Shapefiles (compressed zip file 9.08 MB)