TUOLUMNE COUNTY AIR POLLUTION CONTROL DISTRICT
RULE 402 - EXEMPTIONS TO RULE 401
An Authority to Construct shall not be required for:
- Vehicles as defined by the Vehicle Code of the State of California.
- Vehicles other than those contained within the provisions of subsection 1. above
used to transport passengers or freight.
- The exemption allowed under this Section shall not be extended to include any
article, machine, equipment, or other contrivance mounted on such vehicle contained within the provisions of subsection
1. and 2. above that would otherwise require an Authority to Construct under the provisions of this Regulation.
- Equipment utilized exclusively in connection with any structure, which structure
is designed for, and used exclusively as a dwelling for not more than two families.
- The following equipment:
- Comfort air conditioning, or comfort ventilating systems, which are not designed
to remove air contaminants generated by, or released from specific units or equipment.
- Refrigeration units except those used as, or in conjunction with, air pollution
- Piston type internal combustion engines used on other than vehicles for transporting
passengers or freight, and fired with natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas, or those having 1,000 cubic inches
cylinder displacement or less and fired with diesel oil or gasoline.
- Water cooling towers and water cooling ponds not used for evaporative cooling
of water from barometric jets or from barometric condensers.
- Equipment used exclusively for steam cleaning.
- Equipment used in eating establishments for the purpose of preparing food for
- Equipment used exclusively to compress or hold dry natural gas.
- The following equipment or any other exhaust system or collector serving exclusively
- Laboratory equipment used exclusively for chemical or physical analysis and bench
scale laboratory equipment.
- Brazing, soldering or welding equipment.
- Steam generators, steam superheaters, water boilers, water heaters, and closed
heat transfer systems that have a maximum heat input rate of less than 50,000,000 British Thermal Units (BTU) per
hour gross, and are fired exclusively with one of the following:
- Natural gas;
- Liquefied petroleum gas;
- A combination of natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas.
- Self-propelled mobile construction equipment other than pavement burners.
- Implements of husbandry used in agricultural operations.
- Repairs or maintenance not involving structural changes to any equipment for which
a Permit to Operate has been granted.
- Other sources emitting less than 1 ton per year of any criteria pollutant or precursor
which may be specified by the Air Pollution Control Officer.