Combined Heat and Power Systems
This page last reviewed May 09, 2012
The California Air Resources Board (ARB) is the lead agency for implementing Assembly Bill 32 (AB 32), the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 (Nùñez, Chapter 488, Statutes of 2006). As part of the mandates to reduce California's greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels, ARB staff has created a Scoping Plan and subsequent Appendices detailing possible methods of achieving the required emission reductions. One method is through the use of regulatory emission reduction measures. A part of the regulatory approach includes a substantial increase of combined heat and power (CHP) systems throughout the state.
There are no scheduled meetings.
Visit the Workshop / Meetings page to view the meeting archives.
Air Resources Board:
California Public Utilities Commission:
- AB 1613 Implementation: Policies and procedures for purchase of electricity from new CHP systems
- AB 32 Implementation: Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards
California Energy Commission:
- 2011 Integrated Energy Policy Report
- 2009 Integrated Energy Policy Report
- 2007 Integrated Energy Policy Report
- 2005 Integrated Energy Policy Report
- AB 32 Implementation: Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards, Docket # 07-OIIP-1
- Assessment of California Combined Heat and Power Market and Policy Options For Increased Penetration: Pier Collaborative Report with the Electric Power Research Institute