ARB Enforcement Policy Development
This page last reviewed February 17, 2017
The California Air Resources Board (ARB) is in the process of updating the Enforcement Policy to incorporate the requirements of Assembly Bill 1685. ARB invites you to attend a series of public workshops to discuss these upcoming updates. Click here to view a copy of the workshop presentation.
- The El Monte Workshop will take place on February 9th at 10 a.m. To register for the live webinar, click here.
- The Sacramento Workshop will take place on February 15th at 10 a.m. To view the live presentation, click here.
- An additional workshop will be hosted to discuss the use of an "Automatic License Plate Reader" and its associated privacy and usage policy. Click here to view the workshop notice.
If you have questions regarding the ARB Enforcement Policy or any of the information detailed above, please email Martina Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also telephone the Enforcement Division at (916) 322-7061.
To receive notifications of ARB's Proposed Enforcement Policy, please sign up to the ARB Enforcement Listserve at https://www.arb.ca.gov/listserv/listserv_ind.php?listname=enf.
- Enforcement Penalties: Background and Policy, September 30, 2011
ARB's amended penalty policy and background information is available at the above link.
Senate Bill 1402 Dutton, Chapter 413, Statute of 2010 required the Air Resources Board to adopt a written penalty policy to provide air pollution violators with information about how ARB determines its penalties. The text of SB 1402 and other related documents are linked below.
- ARB Response to Comments on Penalty Policy
ARB's response to public comments is available at the above link.
- Public Comments on Amended Enforcement Penalty Policy
Written comments on the amended ARB Enforcement Penalty Policy are available at the above link (pdf 2.3MB).
- Enforcement Penalties: Background and Policy, July 21, 2011
ARB's amended penalty policy and background information is available at the above link. You may also view the Request for Public Comments Notice. Written comments on the proposed policy were accepted until 5:00 p.m., August 22, 2011.
- Public Workshops Notice and Workshop Presentation
The Notice of Public Workshops to Discuss ARB's Proposed Enforcement Penalty Policy; Request for Public Comments, dated February 25, 2011, is available at the above link. You may also view the Workshop Presentation from March 29, 2011 in Sacramento and March 30, 2011 in El Monte.
- Public Comments on Proposed Enforcement Penalty Policy
Written comments on the February 25, 2011 proposed ARB Enforcement Penalty Policy submitted by commenters who agreed to the posting of their comments are available at the above link.
- Proposed Enforcement Penalty Policy, February 25, 2011
ARB's Proposed Enforcement Penalty Policy, which was released for public comment February 25, 2011, is available at the above link.
- Senate Bill 1402
The full text of SB 1402, Senator Robert Dutton, R-Rancho Cucamonga, Penalty Documentation, Chapter 413, Statute in 2010, is available at the above link.
- Settlement Agreements
To view Settlement Agreements for Cases resolved after the effective date of SB 1402, please click on the links in the Settlement Agreements column on our Case Settlements web page.
If you have questions regarding Senate Bill 1402 or any of the information detailed above, please telephone the Enforcement Division at (916) 322-7061.