LCFS Data Management System
This page last reviewed September 13, 2016
This web page provides guidance for establishing an account for LCFS reporting and fuel pathway certification application process, fuel and credit reporting and recordkeeping requirements, and credit transactions under the LCFS program.
ARB developed the LCFS Data Management System (LCFS DMS) to manage all data and processes related to LCFS implementation, including fuel pathway certification approval process, fuel transactions reporting and recordkeeping, and credit generation and transfers. LCFS DMS is an interactive, secured web-based system which comprises the following three modules:
- LCFS Reporting Tool (LRT)
- Credit Bank and Transfer System (CBTS)
- Alternative Fuel Portal (AFP)
Although these three modules are related and share data, each has very distinct functionality as described below. LRT and CBTS are closely integrated and can be accessed from the same account. However, a separate account is needed to access AFP.
The LRT-CBTS serves the following functions:
- Organization Registration for Regulated Parties, Opt-Ins, and Brokers
- Quarterly and Annual Reporting
- Credit Account Ledger
- Credit Transfers
Once you have an approved account and are logged into the LRT-CBTS, you will also have access to all administrative user notifications. For more information, please reference the LRT-CBTS User Guide
FAQ document .
Guidance for Reporting Denatured Ethanol can be found in the LCFS User Guide for Reporting Denatured Ethanol .
The AFP serves the following functions:
- Registration of alternative fuel production facilities, including ethanol, biodiesel, renewable diesel, biomethane, and hydrogen
- Submittal of Attestation Letters
- Fuel Pathway Certification Application and Evaluation Process (both re-certification and new pathways) and submitting all necessary documentation
For guidance on the AFP, please download the AFP User Guide .
More information about the fuel pathway certification process can be found in the LCFS Fuel Pathways web page.
Contact UsIf you have questions regarding the above information, please contact via email Manisha Singh for general questions related to LCFS Reporting and Greg O'Brien for questions related to LCFS Data Management System.
Join Email ListARB List Server for Low Carbon Fuel Standard:
If you would like to receive e-mail when changes are made to this website, please sign up here.