We cannot wait until 2045 to achieve carbon neutrality. We have
to incrementally work to get faster goals starting now. Let's
target near zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2035 by:
1) Phasing out fossil fuel
production in California by 2030.
2) Requiring 100% EV sales of
cars, transit buses, drayage trucks, cargo handling equipment by
2030. Scale up clean public transit. Insure drayage trucks that
have reached their life term are taken off the road.
3) Creating no new gas-fired power
plants are built starting now. Transition to 100% clean, renewable
electricity by 2030.
4) Ending sale of new gas appliances
5) Excluding false solutions like
biofuels, hydrogen and carbon capture and sequestration.
6) Ensuring equity and environmental
justice during the transition.
Thank you for your consideration.