Comment Log Display
Here is the comment you selected to display.
Comment 143 for Draft 2022 Climate Change Scoping Plan (scopingplan2022) - Non-Reg.
|Subject||2022 Climate Change Scoping Plan|
- For the following reason, I insist that you prioritize
ending reliance on Amazon crude as part of your climate change
- Rein in rogue refineries. Commit California to
a policy/regulatory agenda that ensures that California refineries
are not sourcing crude from regions where there are Indigenous
rights violations or from regions where new oil drilling in the
Amazon is being planned.
- Don't punt your climate impacts to communities in the
Amazon. Present a plan for California to reduce and/or
eliminate its consumption of crude from the Amazon.
- Commit California to new fuel efficiency standards and
expanded electrification of fleets that consume the most
Amazon oil. Expansion of EVs broadly, and public transportation
goals to reduce domestic consumption equivalent to Amazon oil
- California consumes nearly 50% of all oil exports from
the Amazon globally (nearly 1 in 9 gallons pumped in-state on
- You shouldn't want to be complicit in driving new oil
drilling in the Amazon and that they need to regulate
refineries’ crude sources and volumes.
- You should require California refineries to ensure that
they are not sourcing crude oil from regions where there are human
rights violations and to require refineries to ensure that they
will not source crude from areas of new drilling in the
Thank you for your consideration.
|Original File Name|| |
|Date and Time Comment Was Submitted|| 2022-06-15 15:09:24|
If you have any questions or comments please contact Clerk of the Board at (916) 322-5594.
Board Comments Home