What's New List Serve Post Display

What's New List Serve Post Display

Below is the List Serve Post you selected to display.
tru -- How to Report Noncompliant TRUs (Reefers)

Posted: 06 Jul 2011 13:41:39
If you want to report noncompliant TRUs or TRU generator sets,
please call ARB’s Complaint Hotline for TRUs. 

The California Air Resources Board (ARB) Transport Refrigeration
Unit (TRU) and TRU Generator Set Airborne Toxic Control Measure
(ATCM) requires TRU engines to meet in-use performance standards.
 For model year 2003 and older, the compliance dates have already
passed.  Therefore, if steps have not been taken to achieve
compliance, these model year engines are in violation with State
law and should be cited and penalized.  

Model year 2004 and subsequent model year engines must comply by
December 31st of the seventh year after the engine model year. 
So MY 2004 engines must be compliant by December 31, 2011.

Many TRU owners have already complied with the TRU ATCM’s in-use
standards but are now concerned about other TRU owners who have
not come into compliance.  Because they want fair competition, a
growing number have asked ARB how they can report their
noncompliant competitors.  In addition, people that live and work
near places where TRUs operate are concerned about the toxic air
contaminants that are emitted from these diesel engines and have
asked how they can report smoking TRU engines.  TRU engines that
have visible emissions are most likely not compliant with the
in-use standards and should be reported.

If you want to report noncompliant TRUs or TRU generator sets,
please call one of ARB’s TRU Complaint Hotlines.

•	In Northern California, please contact Bradley Penick at (916)
445-0799 or email to bpenick@arb.ca.gov.
•	In Southern California, please contact Aldo Chaney at (626)
350-6577 or email at achaney@arb.ca.gov.

Please try to have as much as possible of the following
information ready to report:
•	Date, time, and location of the incident
•	Vehicle type:  truck, trailer, shipping container, or railcar
•	Vehicle company name and equipment number
•	License plate number and state
•	Make and model of the vehicle/trailer

ARB will investigate these reports and take appropriate action.

You can also check the compliance status of a TRU that has been
registered in ARB’s Equipment Registration (ARBER) system by
using the “Check TRU Compliance Status” button at the TRU website
at:  http://www.arb.ca.gov/diesel/tru.htm

Enter one of the following:
•	ARB Identification Number (IDN)
•	Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
•	Vehicle license plate number
•	Railcar reporting mark, or 
•	BIC Code/Number (for domestic shipping containers and TRU
generator sets)

Please call the TRU Help Line at 1-888-878-2826 if you have
questions about the TRU ATCM.

Thank you for helping to improve California’s air quality!

ARB What's New