Rail Yard Complaint

This page last reviewed October 18, 2011

This webpage is to provide the public or interested parties the means to report idling or smoking locomotives to the appropriate company or public agencies.

File A Complaint     You can use any of the following options to report idling or smoking locomotives:

  • Phone numbers for Railroad Companies:
    • Union Pacific Railroad: 1-888-877-7267
    • BNSF Railway: 1-800-832-5452
  • List of Rail Yards and correponding Air District Phone Numbers (PDF-11k). If you can't find the rail yard listed above, please contact your local air pollution control or air quality management district .
  • Call the Air Resources Board at 1-800-END-SMOG (1-800-363-7664)