Research Project Articles
ARB Research Division Contract 08-323
Final report: Black carbon and the regional climate of California
Articles funded by the contract:
- Bahadur, R., Feng, Y., Russel, L. M., Ramanathan, V. "Impact of California’s air pollution laws on black carbon and their implications for direct radiative forcing." Atmospheric Environment 45.5 (2011): 1162-1167.
- Bahadur, R., L. M. Russell, M. Z. Jacobson, K. Prather, A. Nenes, P. Adams, and J. H. Seinfeld. "Importance of composition and hygroscopicity of BC particles to the effect of BC mitigation on cloud properties: Application to California conditions." Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres 117.D9 (2012).
- Bahadur, R., Praveen, P. S., Xu, Y., Ramanathan, V. "Solar absorption by elemental and brown carbon determined from spectral observations." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 109.43 (2012): 17366-17371.
- Kirchstetter, T. W. and T. L. Thatcher. "Contribution of organic carbon to wood smoke particulate matter absorption of solar radiation." Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics 12.14 (2012): 6067-6072.
- Kirchstetter, T.W., C.V. Preble, O.L. Hadley, T.C. Bond, J.S. Apte. "Large reductions in urban black carbon concentrations in the United States between 1965 and 2000." Atmospheric Environment 151 (2017): 17-23.
- Zhao, C., L. R. Leung, R. Easter, J. Hand, and J. Avise. "Characterization of speciated aerosol forcing over California." Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres 118.5 (2012): 2372-2388.
This page last updated February 16, 2017