Alternative Fuel Conversion Certification Procedures
This page last reviewed September 17, 2014
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER AMENDMENTS TO THE ALTERNATIVE FUEL CONVERSION CERTIFICATION PROCEDURES FOR ON-ROAD MOTOR VEHICLES AND ENGINES
FINAL APPROVAL / OAL ACTIONOAL approved the rulemaking and filed it with the Secretary of State on September 15, 2014. The rulemaking became effective on September 15, 2014.
- "Endorsed Approved" and "Endorsed Filed" by the Office of the Secretary of State Form 400 (PDF - 358K)
- Final Regulation Order (PDF - 29K)
- Amended Test Procedures 1994-2003 Model Year (PDF - 89K)
- New Test Procedures 2004-subsequent Model Year (PDF - 120K)
- Final Statement of Reasons (PDF - 171K)
- Addendum to Final Statement of Reasons (PDF - 17K)
- Updated Informative Digest (PDF - 40K)
ADOPTED REGULATIONS AND MATERIALS SUBMITTED TO OALThe Final Rulemaking Package was filed with OAL on August 8, 2014. OAL has until September 22, 2014 to make a determination.
- Executive Order (PDF- 661K)
- Final Regulation Order ~see revised above~
- Amended Test Procedures 1994-2003 Model Year ~see revised above~
- New Test Procedures 2004-subsequent Model Year ~see revised above~
- Final Statement of Reasons ~see revised above~
- Updated Informative Digest ~see revised above~
- Notice of Decision (PDF - 430K)
- Request for Early Effective Date (PDF - 44K)
HEARING ACTION AND SUPPLEMENTAL 15-DAY NOTICESPosted December 5, 2013
Notice of Public Availability of Modified Text (PDF - 29K)
- Attachment 1: Proposed 15-Day Changes to the Proposed Amendments to Regulation (PDF - 35K)
- Attachment 2: Proposed 15-Day Changes to California Certification and Installation Procedures for Alternative Fuel Retrofit Systems for On-Road Motor Vehicles and Engines (PDF - 124K)
Resolution 13-35 (PDF - 388K)
- Attachment D: Staff's Suggested Modifications to the Original Proposal (Distributed at the September 26, 2013 public hearing). (PDF- 146K)
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE AND RELATED MATERIALPosted August 9, 2013
NOTE: The Staff Report, Initial Statement of Reasons for "Proposed Amendments to Alternative Fuel Conversion Certification Procedures," has been revised. The prior version of the Staff Report has been removed and has been replaced with the revised Staff Report as of August 9, 2013.
The revised Staff Report incorporates an economic impact assessment for the proposed amendments, (Section VII.G, page 28 of the revised Staff Report), and appends the following sentence to the last paragraph of VII.C “No alternative considered by the agency would be more effective in carrying out the purpose for which the regulation is proposed or would be as effective or less burdensome to affected private persons than the proposed regulation.” (Section VII.C, page 25 of the revised Staff Report).
Staff Report: Initial Statement of Reasons (ISOR) (PDF - 5.55MB)
Posted August 7, 2013Notice of Public Hearing (PDF- 80K)
Staff Report: Initial Statement of Reasons (ISOR) ~see revised above~
Rulemaking Activity for 2013