|Title||Public Meeting to Consider the Proposed Community Air Protection Funds Supplement to the Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program 2017 Guidelines|
|Event Type||Community Air Grants Program [CARB]|
|Start Time||04-27-2018 09:00 AM|
April 27, 2018
Staff will present the proposed Community Air Protection Funds Supplement to enable the Moyer Program to expedite emission reductions in the California communities most burdened by air pollution. In 2017 the Governor signed legislation appropriating $250 million in Greenhouse Gas Reduction Funds to achieve early action emission reductions in those communities. Incentives to clean up engines and provide advanced technology infrastructure in disadvantaged and low income areas are key initial steps in improving their air quality, toward the full implementation of Assembly Bill 617. Funds this year will reduce toxic and smog-forming emissions from mobile sources, through the Moyer Program or the Proposition 1B Goods Movement Emission Reduction Program. Advancing clean technologies also reduces greenhouse gases.
For many types of Moyer Program projects, the Guidelines Supplement would:
• Reduce the cost of participation in the Program by grant applicants;
• Increase funding for infrastructure projects, particularly those at a port, railyard or other freight facility.
• Enable more school bus projects to be funded;
• Enable funding for more types of transport refrigeration units.
This year’s Community Air Protection funds are available in the following areas:
• $107.5 million in the South Coast Air Quality Management District
• $80 million in the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
• $50 million in the Bay Area Air Quality Management District
• $12.5 million in other California air districts
Community Air Protection funds are part of California Climate Investments, a statewide initiative that puts Cap-and-Trade dollars to work to benefit all California communities.
|All Day Event?||No|
|Contact Name||Kyle Goff|
|Contact Phone||(916) 324-1988|